- On used computers and laptop, tax ranges from 70-150 USD,
- On used CPUs, tax ranges from 25 to 60 USD,
- On a monitor screen, tax of 2.5 USD,
- On a scanner, tax of 25 USD,
- On a Dot matrix printer, tax of 20 USD,
- On a server, a tax of 300 USD has been imposed.
The former Vice Chairman of Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry and A Former Executive Member of the Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Munawwar Iqbal stated his concern with the massive increase in taxes for the necessary tech equipment without consulting the stakeholders.
Recommended: Pakistan’s IT Export Grows by 47% for Year 2020-2021
During the pandemic, the use of computers, laptops and various peripheral devices became common, this resulting in high demand. Mr Iqbal expressed that if the prices and taxes continue to tread this path, the common services will go out of range for the common man and have a negative impact on our society.